About the Polytechnic
At the Polytechnic, we focus on real and practical learning. We will offer you a campus experience and learning environment that suits your learning needs and preferred style to learn.
We value previous learning and life experiences, and our dedicated teachers will work with you to build on your strengths so you can have the future career you want.
As a student of the Polytechnic, you will receive learning and career support whilst undertaking skills development - we are here to help.
Our focus in on you as a student, being connected to what employees want and delivering innovative and better ways to learn, do and experience the real work environment.
Come and join us. We are sure you will find something you love.
The Polytechnic's Values
Our values are based around 6 key focus areas
- To be learner centred
- To be connected
- To be innovative
- To be resourceful
- To be accountable
- To ensure excellence
To find out more please go to our Corporate Plan
We are for all Tasmanians who want to get the qualifications they need to work and succeed in their plans for the future. We provide: :
- practical learning
- flexible Pathways from certificate to diploma and links to university
- industry qualifications that employers want
- the new Tasmanian Certificate of Education TCE
- real-life opportunities on campus and in the workplace
- a fun campus environment with the chance to get involved in productions, the arts, recreation, social and sporting events
- skilled teachers and up-to-date-facilities
- an education to prepare you to enter business and industry
- learning support that you may need to achieve your goals