Support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander learners
Aboriginal Training Programs (ATP) is the team to provide support, advice and assistance to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander learners who wish to enrol or are already enrolled at the Tasmanian Polytechnic. We have staff available in all 3 regions and located at the 4 major campuses.
Assistance can include:
- Improving reading and writing skills
- Helping students to overcome barriers to successful learning
- Mainstream course information and enrolment
- Arranging tutorial/study support
- Negotiating training for Aboriginal groups/ organisations/individuals
- Assisting students in determining career/ study pathways
- Developing learning plans for career/ study pathways
- Referrals regarding financial assistance, accommodation, Centrelink, transport, etc
- Fee assistance for mainstream students
- Help with resumes and employment applications
- Information on Aboriginal community events, organisations, services, contacts, etc
- General student support, advice and/or assistance.
For more information about assistance for Aboriginal and Torres Strait learners, please contact us on 1300 655 307 and ask to speak with an Aboriginal Vocational Education and Training (VET) Officer. You can also find us on Facebook.
Through Student Support Services, we can
also provide you with information about
additional services and facilities such as
student residences and child care services
affiliated with the Tasmanian Polytechnic. For further
information on our services and facilities
contact your closest Tasmanian Polytechnic campus.
ATP also offer a selection of programs/courses specifically for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.